Resources in Harlaxton College Library
Harlaxton College Library catalogue online lib.harlaxton.ac.uk.
See sections below:
700 The Arts; fine & decorative arts
708 Galleries, museums, private collections
709 Historical, areas, persons treatment
710 Civic & landscape art
730 Plastic arts; Sculpture
740 Drawing & decorative arts
741 Drawing & drawings
742 Perspective (graphical)
743 Drawing & drawings by subject
745 Decorative arts
746 Textile arts
747 Interior decoration
749 Furniture & accessories
750 Painting & paintings
751 Techniques, equipment, forms
753 Symbolism, allegory, mythology, legend
754 Genre paintings
755 Religion & religious symbolism
757 Human figures & their parts
759 Geographical, historical, areas, persons treatment
760 Graphic arts; Printmaking & prints
770 Photography & photographs
Art databases accessible via University of Evansville Libraries http://libraries.evansville.edu/onlinedbs/bydis.html#a2
- ARTstor FT The ARTstor Digital Library is a nonprofit resource that provides more than one million digital images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and sciences with an accessible suite of software tools for teaching and research. The community-built collections comprise contributions from outstanding international museums, photographers, libraries, scholars, photo archives, and artists and artists’ estates.
- Oxford Art Online FT This is the world’s first comprehensive online art reference work covering all forms of visual art from prehistory to the 1990s. Maximum Simultaneous Users: 5 (incl. Harlaxton)
- Art & Architecture Complete PFT The world’s most comprehensive academic index and full text database provides full text for over 3,834 journals (2,926 peer-reviewed) covering the social sciences, humanities, general science, multi-cultural studies, education, and much more. Journal Title List and Other Sources
- Academic Search Premier PFT
- Image Collection FT
- International Index to the Performing Arts PFTIIPAFT draws its content from more than 200 scholarly and popular periodicals in the arts and entertainment industry–dance, film, television, drama, comedy, opera, etc. Twenty-five of the periodicals have full text back to 1998. Title List Maximum Simultaneous Users: 4 (incl. Harlaxton)
- New York Times Current File 1980+ (text file) FT The New York Times is America’s “newspaper of record.”
- New York Times Current File is a text file of the paper from 1980 to today’s edition.
- New York Times Historical File 1851-2006 is a visual image of the paper as published.
- Project Muse FT In one of the first ventures of its kind, the Johns Hopkins University Press and the Milton S. Eisenhower Library joined forces to launch Project Muse, an initiative enabling worldwide networked access to the full text of over 40 of the Press’ recent scholarly journals. This collection has now been expanded to other university presses and enables multi-title searching as well as browsing of over 113 titles in the humanities, the social sciences, and mathematics. Title List
- Asia-Studies Humanities FTAsia-Studies Humanities is a full-text database that provides access to reports, working paper series, and peer reviewed journals and e-journals. Subject coverage is Asia-Pacific Humanities – Asian languages, arts, culture, history and religion. The 53 countries covered by the database include all of Asia from Afghanistan, Pakistan, and the Central Asian republics on east through India, Southeast Asia, China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
- WorldCat WorldCat is a massive online catalog that has the contents of most academic, public, special and private libraries in America contained within it.
- Art Internet Subject Guide — created by librarians at UE
- Art History Internet Subject Guide — created by librarians at UE