Library catalogue: http://lib.harlaxton.ac.uk
See section 574.5 Environmental Science
Access via University of Evansville Libraries http://libraries.evansville.edu/onlinedbs/bydis.html#e3
FT = Full text; PFT = partly full text
Environmental Science Subject guide from University of Evansville Libraries http://libraries.evansville.edu/iresearch/guides/enviro.html
See also Biology
- Resources for the Future – RFF.org
- Charles Darwin & Evolution
- Evolution | Science | The Guardian
- NOVA | Intelligent Design on Trial
- The EnviroLink NetworkThe EnviroLink Network is a non-profit organization which has been providing access to thousands of online environmental resources since 1991.
- EarthTrends | Environmental InformationEarthTrends is a comprehensive online database, maintained by the World Resources Institute, that focuses on the environmental, social, and economic trends that shape our world.
- British Library – ScienceThe British Library’s collection of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information is one of the world’s foremost resources, providing researchers with access to a vast array of content. These science pages will help you find the information you need and discover the range of services and activities that the British Library provides.
- IUCN – International Union for Conservation of NatureIUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, helps the world find pragmatic solutions to our most pressing environment and development challenges.
- International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE) | Advancing the Field of Environmental Ethics and Philosophy since 1990This is the official site of the International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE). For more than twenty years ISEE has striven to advance research and education in the field of environmental ethics and philosophy, and to promote appropriate human use, respect, conservation, preservation, and understanding of the natural world.
- ISA Environmental Studies Section » Links of InterestLinks suggested by the Environmental Studies Section of the International Studies Association
- Welcome | NCSE Annotated(1)The National Council for Science and the Environment (NCSE) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the scientific basis for environmental decisionmaking.
- Home – Association for Environmental Studies and SciencesThe purpose of the Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences (AESS) is to serve the faculty, students and staff of the 1000+ interdisciplinary environmental programs in North America and around the world.
- AGU – Over 90 Years of Quality Research in the GeosciencesAmerican Geophyscial Union
- Committee Heads of Environmental SciencesThe Committee of Heads of Environmental Sciences (CHES) is the collective voice of the environmental sciences and related programmes in UK higher and further education.
- WorldWideScienceWorldWideScience.org is a global science gateway-accelerating scientific discovery and progress through a multilateral partnership to enable federated searching of national and international scientific databases and portals.
- DLSE Digital Library for Easrt System EducationDLESE is the Digital Library for Earth System Education, a free resource that supports teaching and learning about the Earth system.
Government Bodies and International Organisations
Environmental Government Bodies
Environmental Government Bodies
- World Bank – EnvironmentThe World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. Our mission is to fight poverty with passion and professionalism for lasting results and to help people help themselves and their environment by providing resources, sharing knowledge, building capacity and forging partnerships in the public and private sectors.
- United Nations Statistics Division – Environment StatisticsThe Environment Statistics Section of the United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD) is engaged in the development of methodologies, data collection, technical cooperation, and coordination in the fields of environmental statistics and indicators.
- UNEP-WCMC: HomeThe UNEP World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP-WCMC) is a collaboration between the United Nations Environment Programme, the world’s foremost intergovernmental environmental organization, and WCMC(UK), a UK-based charity. UNEP-WCMC is UNEP’s specialist biodiversity assessment arm, and the Centre for UNEP’s collaboration with WCMC 2000.
- OECD Environment:TopicThe mission of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world.
- Agriculture and Environment: UK National Statistics Publication Hub Annotated(1)Gateway to UK national statistics. The Agriculture and Environment theme brings together information and statistics from across the UK about the agriculture, natural environment, fishing, food and forestry sectors.
- US Environmental Protection AgencyThe mission of EPA is to protect human health and the environment.
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) – Home pageTo provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
- European Environment Agency (EEA) Environmental topicsThe European Environment Agency (EEA) is an agency of the European Union. Our task is to provide sound, independent information on the environment. We are a major information source for those involved in developing, adopting, implementing and evaluating environmental policy, and also the general public. Currently, the EEA has 32 member countries.
- Environment Agency – HomeThe Environment Agency plays a central role in delivering the environmental priorities of UK central government and the Welsh Government through their functions and roles. Their principal aims are to protect and improve the environment, and to promote sustainable development.
- Defra – Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Annotated(1)Defra is the UK government department responsible for policy and regulations on the environment, food and rural affairs